The Menopause Charity
From April 1, 2023, women across England can get cheaper hormone replacement therapy. This means if you pay more than two HRT prescription charges within 12 months, you could save money.
What is the HRT Prescription Payment Certificate?
For a one-off annual payment of £19.30, the HRT PPC covers and unlimited number of listed HRT medicines including gels, patches and tablets. There is no limit to how many times the certificate can be used, or how many HRT items it can be used for whilst valid.
The HRT prescription payment certificate is only made available in England, as people in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland access free prescriptions including HRT.
Before you get it, check:
- That your HRT medicine is eligible
- That you’re not already eligible for free NHS prescriptions
- If you need other medicine as well as HRT, the 3 or 12 month general Prescription Payment Certificatemay be more suitable for you
How to get it
You can buy an HRT PPC online or in-person at some pharmacies.
If you need help buying your HRT PPC call 0300 330 2089.
When you receive it
- Ask for your HRT items on separate prescriptions
- Take your prescription and HRT PPC to a pharmacy to get your medicines
- Use your certificate as many times as you need over 12 months for any qualifying HRT medicines
Please be patient
Whilst the new HRT PPC comes into effect, please be patient with your GP and pharmacist.